Thursday, November 6, 2008

Well I haven't had much time to blog lately. I promise I will try to make it a daily routine. While I'm here waiting for dinner to cook, I thought that I'd post tonight recipe among other things.



Work has been kicking my butt lately. We are 1/4 of the way done with the school year, I'm kinda psyched about that. I just can't believe that Thanksgiving is like 3 weeks from today. I'm so busy with 4 preps that I can't keep my head screwed on straight. Then there is school. I'm 1/4 of the way done with my thesis. I have the first 2 sections written and I didn't get any bad comments from my advisor. Yay!!



I'm not super happy about our choice of President, but I will support him. I fear a turbulant future and his policies and ideas scare me a lot. Granted McCain worried me too, just not as much. I fear that things will get out of control and big things are going to cause problems. Oh well, Obama is our President and there is nothing I can do except support him and hope and pray for the best.



Tonight's dinner is Baked BBQ pork chops. It was super easy



Easy Bakes Barbeque Pork Chops



4 pork chops 3/4-1" thick

1 med onion halved and thinly sliced

1/4 c. red wine vinegar

3/4 c. water

1 tablespoon brown sugar (or honey)

1 tablespoon Wocestershire sauce

1/2 c. ketchup

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp peper

dash of cayenne (I did not use)



I added: garlic and onion powder



1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Trim pork chops

3. Place pork chops in 13x9x2 baking pan

4. Place sliced onion on pork chops (I did not use a full half an onion)

5. Combine remaining ingrediants and pour mixture over pork chops

6. Bake for 1 hour or until tender



Although the recipe calls for 6 pork chops I made it with 4 and kept the proportions the same. It just left the sauce on the pan which was good to pour onto the pork chops later.



I served this with chive mashed potatoes and peas.

No comments: