Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake

This is my mom's FAVORITE cake ever and I tend to agree. The only time we eat it is for her birthday which coincedently is on Wednesday, but we are celebrating tomorrow night at her house. So I got roped into cooking both the cake and dinner....how did that happen?? It's not even at my house! WTF??? Anyway, I thought I'd share my cake recipe....




Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake with Cream cheese frosting




Ingredients

4 eggs

1 c. oil

2 c. sugar

3 c. flour

2 tsp. baking soda

2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. cinanmon

2 c. pumpkin (Not pie mix!)

1 c. chopped nuts

6 oz chocolate chips (I usually use a little more that 6 oz)





1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Mix all (I used my kitchen aid) ingredients. Adding the pumpkin last

3. Mix in nuts and chocolate chips

4. Pour into greased tube pan (either a bunt pan or an angel food cake pan)

5. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes at 350 degrees on the lowest rack




Cream Cheese Frosting

3 oz. cream cheese

1/2 c. butter

1 tsp. vanilla

2 c. confectionary sugar





1. Mix all together

2. frost cake when cool

No comments: