Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving

Well, Thanksgiving is coming very quickly. I only have 1 more day of work and will be busily cooking on Wednesday and Thursday. My favorite Thanksgiving food, well, that's hard. I love it all, but then again I just love food!

Luckily our house is a mess because of moving so we are going to my mom's house, but I'm in charge the stuffing. Apparently, according to my family, I make the best stuffing!!!

Thanksgiving stuffing stuffs 1 12-14 lb turkey
16 oz bread (cubed) -- stale
1 -- 12oz pkg of ground prok or breakfast sausage.
1 c. (1 large stalk) chopped celery
1 c. (1 small-med) onion chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 apples (or to taste)
1 3/4 - 2 c. of chicken broth
1/2 stick butter
1-2 tsp. sage
2 tsp poultry seasoning

1. Preheat oven 350 degrees
2. Crumble or chop saussage and fry in a pan. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large fry frying pan saute onion, garlic and celery in butter
4. Add spices and chicken broth and bring to a boil
5. Reduce heat to low
6. In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, vegetables, broth, and sausage
7. Turn into a greased casserole pan
8. Bake covered for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees
9. Take off cover and back an additional 5 minutes to brown

No comments: